none
Wonky colour scheme and 'could not connect to the System Event Notification Service' message RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having problems with a slow start-up, when windows starts the graphics have reverted to windows classic and I get the following message: "Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service"

I tried doing a system restore yesterday, which solved the problem temporarily but when I restarted my computer this morning it was back.

I checked in the services window and the System Event Notification Service has its status as 'running' and startup type as 'automatic'.

In the event viewer there are two error message's since I started windows up this morning

- Event ID 7000: The adfs service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

- Event ID 7022: The Rapport Management Service service hung on starting.

I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2 with Windows Defender off, AVG Free 2011 and PC Tools Firewall.

Can anybody help?

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try rebooting and do it again.

If this is a new user created on a machine that had never had another user created, it took a long time to switch then it failed with that error. I rebooted and the error disappeared. Apparently when you first create the user a lot of work happens under the hood (creating directories, etc).

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, March 14, 2011 7:09 AM