Exchange connector 3.1, "Never run" status RRS feed

• Question

• Before I start:

Server running Windows 2012R2 No service pack

Exchange Connector: 3.1

Exchange: 2010

Everything up to date on patching.

I have this running with no problems on my test server, however in production, which is set up exactly the same way, when I create the Exchange connector, it tells me that it never run.  When I checked the registry, there is no key for the exchange connector like there is in test.  If I create a key in the registry (or import from test), when I try to open the exchange connector, this is the message I receive:

Date: 2/11/2015 7:03:10 AM
    Application: System Center Service Manager
    Application Version: 7.5.3079.0
    Severity: Error
    Message: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.

System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task, List`1 parameterList)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.WindowJobRecord.ExecuteBackgroundJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs eventargs)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    MyComputer

When I take the key out, I can access the exchange connector but it still refuses to run.  I have deleted and rebuilt the connector several times, and have wiped out Service Manager and related databases and reinstalled twice, but keep running into this problem. 

Thanks, Rob

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hm, strange... is the account the Exchange Connector is running under a SCSM Administrator? As a temporary fix, you could also try to make the same account a local administrator on the server...
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:19 PM
  • Seems like you are trying to configure it from a console remotely. It would be better to create connector through console on primary sm server only.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:20 PM