add mediation server routes? RRS feed

• Question

• looking for a good post/steps on adding a mediation server.  Due to a sip provider not being able to provide local DIDs for a site we are testing with another porvider..  I added a medation pool to point to the new gateway ip and need to build the voice route (my current mediation pool colacted on FE)..   I am assuming i can start with a policy for the mediation pool .. but for some reason feel a little lost after that .. lol, not sure why .. need to make sure call going out/in route properly .. thanks
    David Ulrich
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

yes you can start from creating a new voice Policy and add a new PSTN Usage and create a new route based on the new Gateway.

You can test the calls are using the desired gateway by using the "Test voice routing"

Thamara.

• Proposed as answer by Thamara.Wijesinghe Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:08 AM
  • Hi David,

The calls go through the gateway is determined by the voice policy. So using the new seperate mediation server or the existing collocated mediation server is not different.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, October 10, 2011 1:39 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

yes you can start from creating a new voice Policy and add a new PSTN Usage and create a new route based on the new Gateway.

You can test the calls are using the desired gateway by using the "Test voice routing"

Thamara.

• Proposed as answer by Thamara.Wijesinghe Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:17 AM
  • don't add another mediation server, just add another gateway. then voice routes make sense.
    +Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com
  • thanks for the quick replies .. thought i was making it more dificult than it needed to be in my mind.. lol , i decided to add a seperate server as we are growing rapidly and may go 100% to this provider
    David Ulrich
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:15 AM
  • Hi David,

The calls go through the gateway is determined by the voice policy. So using the new seperate mediation server or the existing collocated mediation server is not different.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, October 10, 2011 1:39 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 2:36 AM