the group policy client service failed - windows 7 professional RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having the above problem for a while now.  Been on every forum to try and get a fix and so far, no luck.

The main problem is from every answer it seems everyone is able to login as admin or something.  I can't get pass the login screen at all.  There is only one user account, and every time i enter password, i get the group policy client service failed - access denied.  

I have also tried to boot into safe mode, but when prompt to enter password.  It accepts but automatically logs off straight away and straight back into the login screen.

I've tried repairing the system using a windows 7 CD, but windows can't repair it.  

Is there anything else i can do without wiping the computer???

Thanks in advance for your help

Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• The only user you are using is the win7 built-in administrator?

If not,here's what i am thinking:

Boot with the windows 7 media,then,after the GUI loaded up, press shift+f10,a command prompt will appear.

At the command prompt insert this command:

net user administrator /active:yes

net user administrator "password" (replace "password" tag with everything you want,here you are setting the administrator password)

Then reboot the system without the win7 media.

In this way,you are enabling the built-in administrator (that is disabled by default)

At the logon screen you'll see another user named administrator that should be able to access the system to perform the troubleshooting required.

ah,remember to disable it afterwards by tiping in an elevated command prompt:

net user administrator /active:no

• Edited by lorenzop Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:46 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to the method above.

If the built-in administrator account can log into the system, we can use the account to fix your account.

How to fix "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied." error?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/moiqubal/archive/2012/03/04/how-to-fix-quot-the-group-policy-client-service-failed-the-logon-access-denied-quot-error.aspx

Also, we can boot into Windows Recovery Environment and rename the folder of your user profile under c:\users.

Rename (ren)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490987.aspx

start the computer>press F8 before the Windows logo appears>on the Advance Boot Options screen, highlight Repair your computer>select Command Prompt.

Then, if the logon works, fix the corrupted user profile:

Fix a corrupted user profile

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by v-Ada Friday, December 6, 2013 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 23, 2013 9:11 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2013 9:17 AM