Windows 7 USMT & System Rating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently i have upgraded my PCs hardisk from 250GB to 1TB. i want to install windows 7 ultimate to newly installed harddisk and i want to restore my all programs and setting. 2nd problem is my system's hard disk rating is not increasing it has been stopped at 5.9 and is giving lowest sub score although rest of rating is 7. please reply.

thanks,

Regards,

SHOAIB.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:10 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

User State Migration Tool or Windows Easy Transfer is both used to migrate user profiles and data from one operating system to another, for more information, please kindly refer to the following articles:

User State Migration Tool 4.0 User's Guide

Windows Easy Transfer - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

For your anxiety on hard disk rating, it is OK, it should not affect Windows performance, at the meantime, I would like to share the following article with you:

Ways to improve your computer's performance

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Saturday, April 30, 2011 4:04 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

User State Migration Tool or Windows Easy Transfer is both used to migrate user profiles and data from one operating system to another, for more information, please kindly refer to the following articles:

User State Migration Tool 4.0 User's Guide

Windows Easy Transfer - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

For your anxiety on hard disk rating, it is OK, it should not affect Windows performance, at the meantime, I would like to share the following article with you:

Ways to improve your computer's performance

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Saturday, April 30, 2011 4:04 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:12 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply Alex.

I have used WET and took backup of my porofile without program files. some how it worked for me.

Again thanks for your Reply Alex.

SHOAIB AHMED.

Monday, May 2, 2011 9:04 AM