Outlook downloads only a few email received today. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

my ENV: Office 365 - Pro Plus - version 1808 - click to run - Cache mode is setted for 1 YEAR.

One of my customer installations, in OUTLOOK, in his Inbox sees only a few email received today. Outlook is actually downloading those items and nothing more. Then he "clicks to view more on Microsoft Exchange" and Outlook displays all the items my customer is looking for. And this is not convenient. It is even more not convenient he has to "click to view..." every time he change folder (example, from Inbox to Sent, etc and viceversa). He is downloading full items (not only headers) and my connection is fast.

• Edited by Andrea2019 Thursday, January 24, 2019 4:23 PM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, January 25, 2019 2:19 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrea,

Does this user also set offline settings to one year?

We can switch to online mode and then enable cached Exchange mode again to see if it helps.

If issue persists, please remove and then re-add your Exchange account to test the result.

Normally, Exchange account will download full items as default. Do you change the download behavior in Send/Receive group settings?

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, January 28, 2019 7:33 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Hi Andrea,

Just check if there are any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hi Andrea,

Does this user also set offline settings to one year?

How can I set offline settings to one year?

We can switch to online mode and then enable cached Exchange mode again to see if it helps.

Do you mean we should switch to offline and then again online and see what happens?

If issue persists, please remove and then re-add your Exchange account to test the result.

I could, but I fell not very comfortable: for my information, does "remove and re-add E. account" delete the .OST, create a new .OST and populate it updating the folders again?

Normally, Exchange account will download full items as default. Do you change the download behavior in Send/Receive group settings?

No.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:51 PM
  • Hi Andrea,

Sorry for the late reply because of Chinese Lunar New Year.

Are there any updates with this issue? Was the reply above helpful to you?

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:16 AM