SCCM 2007 Console Remote Console Operators RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a easy way to find out what machines have the remote console installed

Friday, March 23, 2012 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Try the reports : "Computers with specific software registered in Add Remove Programs" and browse for the Software Title called:

"Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Console"

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Proposed as answer by Abhishek.Joshi Monday, March 26, 2012 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:49 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 1:21 PM
  • If there is no app listed called exactly that, then there are no clients reporting that particular piece of software.  If you are 100% positive you have at least 1 computer, where you interactively go look in Add/Remove Programs, and with your own eyes see there is an application called "Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Console", then what that means to me is that particular client is not reporting add or remove program data.  That would be a completely different issue--that hardware inventory is not working.

Otherwise, all else being equal, if your have a working site and clients are reporting normally, if you don't see an application listed in ARP, but see other ones (any other ones), then that specific application simply isn't in your environment.  there's nothing to "add".  Well, you could install it I guess.  Just so that it is there in ARP on a client, just so you can see it as a choice in the report.  But that seems kind of silly to me.  :)

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are referring to the SCCM admin console, the normal hardware inventory reports is the best way.

Regards,
    Jörgen

Friday, March 23, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for your reply, can you be a little more specific as to what report ?

thanks

Friday, March 23, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Hi,

Try the reports : "Computers with specific software registered in Add Remove Programs" and browse for the Software Title called:

"Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Console"

Regards,
    Jörgen

• Proposed as answer by Abhishek.Joshi Monday, March 26, 2012 9:25 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 1:21 PM
  • Hi

thanks for the reply, I am only just getting back to this now.

whe running this report there is no application listed in this report for Microsoft System Center, how do I add this to the report

• Edited by feefe01 Monday, March 26, 2012 9:13 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2012 9:13 AM
  • If there is no app listed called exactly that, then there are no clients reporting that particular piece of software.  If you are 100% positive you have at least 1 computer, where you interactively go look in Add/Remove Programs, and with your own eyes see there is an application called "Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Console", then what that means to me is that particular client is not reporting add or remove program data.  That would be a completely different issue--that hardware inventory is not working.

Otherwise, all else being equal, if your have a working site and clients are reporting normally, if you don't see an application listed in ARP, but see other ones (any other ones), then that specific application simply isn't in your environment.  there's nothing to "add".  Well, you could install it I guess.  Just so that it is there in ARP on a client, just so you can see it as a choice in the report.  But that seems kind of silly to me.  :)

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:49 PM