Work direct access, home VPN RRS feed

• Question

• My work recently implemented a DA server, and it works great... until I connect to my VPN at home.  Once that VPN connect has connected, the DA connection disconnects.  When I disconnect my VPN connection, the DA connection goes to "Connecting" status but never actually connects.  In order to get the DA connection to actually connect again I have to disable my Ethernet altogether and re-enable it.  Is it possible to keep the DA connection running and connect my VPN at the same time?  Or is there a manual way I can disable just the DA and enable it again?

Thanks!

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:18 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, this is a common issue with DA in combination with another VPN. If memory serves, it has to do with the IP stack getting confused (routing, name resolution).

To disable DA temporarily, stop the IP Helper Service on the client.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

• Marked as answer by ColinADX Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:25 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:31 AM

All replies

• As far as I know, this is a common issue with DA in combination with another VPN. If memory serves, it has to do with the IP stack getting confused (routing, name resolution).

To disable DA temporarily, stop the IP Helper Service on the client.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

• Marked as answer by ColinADX Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:25 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:31 AM
  • Anders, thank you for validating my concern.  And thank you for providing the service to stop!  I was able to stop that, connect to my VPN at home, disconnect my VPN and start the service again and all was good!  While it's a pain in the butt to not be able to have both running at the same time, it's significantly easier to disable 1 service rather than my whole Ethernet connection!

I'll be watching for an update that will fix this little bug... hopefully it happens soon!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:25 PM