none
Can not load agent from DPM 2010 server, can load manually. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Environment.  Just installed DPM 2010 and trying to back up a client running Windows Server 2008, Windows Firewall turned off.  The client is a VM.  Adjoining subnets, no firewalls or ACL’s between the DPM server and client.

When I attempt to load the DPM agent from the DPM server.

The job starts, indicates % complete upto about 14%, then fails with the following:

-Install protection agent on xxxxx failed

-Error 349: An error occurred when the agent operation attempted to transfer agent installation files to xxxxxx.

-Error details: The semaphore timeout period has expired (0x80070079)

Looking at the event logs on the client, MsiInstaller appears to install the DPM agent and then remove it.

However, if I load it manually, life is good:

DPMAgentInstaller_x64.exe xxxxxsvde026.xxxx.com, it installs correctly and I can then attach it either manually or from the DPM Server.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:48 PM

Answers

• FYI ... We went to DPM 2012 and we can load agents from DPM to any clients.  
    • Marked as answer by cbrun Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:57 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:57 PM

All replies

• could be that the ISO image is corrupted (and so some files too). did you have installed the two patch for DPM? the network settings of VM are ok? if you try to ping DPM server what happen? the VM are in domain? the credential have local admin permission?

S

S.Net
    Inside Technologies
    MCITP Enterprise Administrator
    MCTS Server Virtualization - Operations Manager 2007 - Exchange Server 2007 - MCSE-M

S.Net Blog
    WindowServer.it
    WindowServer.it Learning Portal

Friday, March 30, 2012 9:00 AM
  • I did not patch the DPM.  It is a new installation, still on the demo license, but will look for patch.  As for the network settings, that is OK.  We have only one domain and admin permissions check out.  I can ping it, in fact the backup and restore of the VM works fine after I manually loaded the agent. 

As a test, after I manually loaded the agent and had a successful backup, I removed the agent and tried again to push the agent from the DPM server and it failed as before.  Manually loaded again and it is up and running. 

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:24 PM
  • check the event viewer to see any kind of error

S

S.Net
    Inside Technologies
    MCITP Enterprise Administrator
    MCTS Server Virtualization - Operations Manager 2007 - Exchange Server 2007 - MCSE-M

S.Net Blog
    WindowServer.it
    WindowServer.it Learning Portal

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:33 PM
  • FYI ... We went to DPM 2012 and we can load agents from DPM to any clients.  
    • Marked as answer by cbrun Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:57 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:57 PM