Program Status Icons on Taskbar - Refresh Issue RRS feed

• Question

• The following suggests a user experience issue with Windows 7.  How can we resolve this issue?

Symptoms:

1. I am using two computers with Outlook 2010 to connect to one Exchange 2010 account.  When I mark an e-mail read on computer 1, a new mail icon remains on the taskbar of computer 2.  This is a non-issue with the new mail icon in the task tray.
    2. I am using one computer with Windows Live Messenger Beta Version 2011.  When I focus on a new instant message, a new instant message icon remains on the taskbar.

Workarounds:

1. On computer 2, mark the same e-mail read.
    2. Close the instant message and reopen it.

Details:

• Dell OEM Windows 7 Professional x86
    • Microsoft Office Professional Plus 14.0.4734.1000 (32 bit)
    • Windows Live Messenger Beta Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.810)
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Your first question is related to the usage of Outlook, in order to resolve your question efficiently, please ask your question in Outlook IT Pro Discussions.

Meanwhile, the professional forum for Windows Live Messenger is Windows Live Solution Center.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:07 AM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 8:52 AM