Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL or 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL' RRS feed

• Question

• The OS is Windows 7 Ultimated 32Bit

There is already a question on this but for some reason the thread is locked (!?) without an answer being given.  I am experiencing the following when installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 with Enhanced data Rate Software II for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)

Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 
    'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.4148",publikKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type=win32"'.Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736B3.

Of course re-installing does not help.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, I recommend you perform a full virus scan to see if any virus is infected to your computer.

Besides, the issue may be caused by corrupt system files. You can run “sfc/scannow” to perform a system file check.

In addition, it seems that if your computer with Microsoft .NET Framework installed may show error 1935. Maybe you can reinstall it to see if the issue persists.

Furthermore, since the issue is related to Windows 7, I suggest you ask in Windows 7 forum below for further assistance:

Windows 7IT Pro Forums:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=w7itpro

Best regards,

Susie

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:56 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, I recommend you perform a full virus scan to see if any virus is infected to your computer.

Besides, the issue may be caused by corrupt system files. You can run “sfc/scannow” to perform a system file check.

In addition, it seems that if your computer with Microsoft .NET Framework installed may show error 1935. Maybe you can reinstall it to see if the issue persists.

Furthermore, since the issue is related to Windows 7, I suggest you ask in Windows 7 forum below for further assistance:

Windows 7IT Pro Forums:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=w7itpro

Best regards,

Susie

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:56 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Thankx You...
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:01 AM