none
ECMA2 - How do you determine the selected status of an attribute? RRS feed

• Question

• This is an EMCA 2.0 Call Import question..

How do we detect when a user has deselected an attribute?

If someone deselects an attribute and I attempt to do an AttributeChange.CreateAttributeAdd()  for the attribute, I get a

Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.NoSuchAttributeInObjectTypeException: Attribute "FIRST_NAME" is not usable with the object type in question.

For now, I’m catching the exception and moving to the next attribute. Exception handling is very expensive and there must be a more elegant way to handle this.

Ideas?

I looked at the attribute inside the schema object and there's no difference in the attribute values - selected or not

On a slightly related note, the build-in MA's show some attributes by default, and others require you to select the 'Show All' to see (such as the AD MA) There doesn't seem to be a way to do this in ECMA2

Frank C. Drewes III - Architect - Oxford Computer Group

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 4:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Frank

Did you ever figured out if there was a way of determining if an attribute is selected in the schema?

I have a problem now with FIM build 4.1.3508 that isn't even giving me the NoSuchAttributeInObjectTypeException exception any longer so now I'm really stuck with handeling attributes from the datasource that are not included in the MA attribute selection.

All the best!

Patrik

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:45 PM