DIP (Document-Information-Panel) showing numbers in Person or Group column RRS feed

• Question

• In the Document-Information-Panel I have numbers instead of Display-Names as shown above. 

This happens after changing values for this column in the datasheet-view. I did this for hundreds of documents. Any Ideas how to solve this issue.

Doesn't matter if we use Word 2010 or Word 2013.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hi christian amlacher,

According to your description, the person and group column in DIP showed number instead of name.

I can reproduce your issue. Per my test, it’s an issue with multiple selection of the people and group field. If the field only contains one person, then it works well. If it contains multiple people, then it will display number instead of name.

In addition, I tested in 3 environments. In SharePoint 2013 I didn’t encounter the problem. The problem seems to only occur in SharePoint 2010 with multiple selection.

I suggest trying install the latest CU. If this couldn’t work, then it would be an issue in SP2010.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 15, 2016 7:48 AM