Workflow sending an email message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Group, 

I have a list with 12 options and I have a workflow associated with that list which states if option one is selected send an email to these people, if option 2 is selected then send an email to a different list through all twelve options.  So I am having two challenges: 1) when selecting the first option, SharePoint sent an email to the recipient in the to field but not to the recipient in the CC field, Why?  and 2) when I created the second option SharePoint did not send a message.  Please help me configure my workflow properly.

Thanks

John

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

If I understand your requirement correctly, you need to send an email to a group of users depending upon the selected options. Following are the tips to implement & troubleshoot the issue:

1. Use IF statement. Get the value of the selected condition and check if Option 1 is selected and then Send Email Activity. In the same way use IF statements for various options you have.

2. Any selected option should be checked in IF and only if true then Send Email should work. If you are not using the condition properly then work flow may not work properly

3. Regarding CC field, from where you are fetching this value? If emails are sent to To field users correctly then CC should work as well. Else, there may be use in how you fetch the user for CC field. Give more info. on this to share ideas.

Hope this helps you!

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Please click the 'Mark as Answer' if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:00 PM
  • Thanks  I will what you suggested.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:50 PM