My Quick Links RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use "My Quick Links" (something like "my favorites") to show to each user his links.

When clicking in any document library ribbon on "Connect to office" I may get to the page of "My Links",

but we want to design this view or add it as a wp. Any ideas?

keren tsur

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hi keren,

You can export the web part file of My Links from MySite, and then import the dwp file for the web part to other sites.

After that you can add the My Links as web part in the pages.

Please go to Site Settings in your MySite > Web parts under Web Designer Galleries > edit quicklinks.dwp file and click Export in the ribbon.

Then import the dwp file to Web Parts Galleries in other sites.

Best regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:00 AM

All replies

• Hi keren,

You can export the web part file of My Links from MySite, and then import the dwp file for the web part to other sites.

After that you can add the My Links as web part in the pages.

Please go to Site Settings in your MySite > Web parts under Web Designer Galleries > edit quicklinks.dwp file and click Export in the ribbon.

Then import the dwp file to Web Parts Galleries in other sites.

Best regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:00 AM
  • I just realized that yesterday and already did it! great :)

Is there any setting may be done to include that web part at the web part galleries shown in other sites than my sites?

keren tsur

Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:59 AM
  • Hi Keren,

The My Links web part is designed to be used in MySites, and I am not sure if there are any settings for this.

I recommend to use PowerShell to loop through the site collections and then upload the web part to web part galleries.

Here is a link for uploading a web part to site collection using PowerShell for your reference:

http://www.sharepointnadeem.com/2013/08/upload-webpart-to-webpart-gallery-using.html

Best regards,

Victoria

Monday, September 7, 2015 9:17 AM
  • I did it by export and add to the web part gallery (at the site settings) :)

I guess there must be a way to set it in powershell for all the web application site collection

keren tsur

Monday, September 7, 2015 9:27 AM