how to migrate all reports in SSRS to Sharepoint. RRS feed

• Question

• Many reports are created in SQL Server Reporting server.
    The regular reports database named ReportServer in native mode  and report home page is regular report home page http://servername/reports.
    Now all those reporst need to be migrated into Sharepoint. A new reports database is created in ReportServerMOSS in SharePoint integrated mode and other settings.
    Are there any ways to migrate those reports into Sharepoint site especial content data, then format can be redo in sharepoint.
    Or must recreate all reports from scratch one by one?
    Friday, April 22, 2011 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, we are unable to migrate SQL Server Reporting Services(SRSS) database in native mode to SharePoint integrated mode directly. in my opinion, reports in native mode is the same definition with SharePoint integrated mode. They are all .rdl. In order to move reports from native mode to SharePoint integrate mode, we can reopen the report project in Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), and then redeploy them to SharePoint integrated mode.

Additionally, if there is no report project, please try to download all reports from the native mode (using 3<sup>rd</sup> party application e.g. Report Scripter), add them to a new report project, and then redeploy them to SharePoint integrated mode.

Note: we need to create the schedules and subscriptions in SharePoint integrated mode.

If you also have some more questions about this in details, I suggest that you should go to SSRS forum to find the answer to the question you mentioned.

Best Regards
    David Hu

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, May 2, 2011 1:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:30 AM

All replies

• Rename .rdl to .rdlc. This should work.
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, we are unable to migrate SQL Server Reporting Services(SRSS) database in native mode to SharePoint integrated mode directly. in my opinion, reports in native mode is the same definition with SharePoint integrated mode. They are all .rdl. In order to move reports from native mode to SharePoint integrate mode, we can reopen the report project in Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), and then redeploy them to SharePoint integrated mode.

Additionally, if there is no report project, please try to download all reports from the native mode (using 3<sup>rd</sup> party application e.g. Report Scripter), add them to a new report project, and then redeploy them to SharePoint integrated mode.

Note: we need to create the schedules and subscriptions in SharePoint integrated mode.

If you also have some more questions about this in details, I suggest that you should go to SSRS forum to find the answer to the question you mentioned.

Best Regards
    David Hu

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, May 2, 2011 1:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:30 AM