Sending Appointments from a Distribution List? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our Exchange admin recently left the company and I'm working on picking it up myself so forgive my ignorance but I've got a request from a few users and I'm not sure how to satisfy it. The requirements are:

• All email sent a given email address comes to the mailboxes of a select group of users from the original sender.
    • The same group of users are able to create and send appointments from the same email address.

So they want the functionality of a distribution list AND a shared mailbox. Is that possible? I know you can send email from a distribution list. Can you send calendar appointments too? I currently have them set up as a shared mailbox and created a rule to forward all messages to them but I believe those will come from the shared mailbox, not the original sender, right? (still testing that)

Thanks!

Keith

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

A Distribution group doesn’t have a mailbox. If you want to send appointments you’ll need a shared mailbox.

Delegate the users the right to create appointment as the shared mailbox.

Then users can open the shared mailbox calendar and send invitations.

See the post here.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-another-person-s-mail-and-calendar-items-8b08bcd3-4fe7-45e7-9ccd-76e1877049c1#__toc307479958

FrenchITguy.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:53 PM
  • Thanks but that doesn't fulfill the first criteria above.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 7:28 PM
  • Yes FrencghItGuy already answer your first criteria for delegate the users rights to create appointments 

sachin hodge

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 7:52 PM
  • Thanks guys. There might some confusion here. I want users to send appointments from the shared email address (which your suggestion does indeed accomplish) and in addition to that, I want incoming email to that address to arrive directly in the members inboxes, NOT in a shared inbox.

Is that possible? Thanks!

Keith

Friday, June 3, 2016 3:43 PM
  • Create a distribution group.

Add members.

Go to properties of the shared mailbox.

Go to mail flow setting

Click delivery option

And configure forward to the group you created.

Every members of the group will receive emails send to the shared mailbox.

Cheers

FrenchITGuy.com

Friday, June 3, 2016 4:00 PM