windows 7 hangs at starting windows RRS feed

• Question

• I just built a barebones kit and am having trouble loading windows 7.  This is my first build.  I bought a MSI K9N6PGM2 motherboard with an amd athlon x2 7850 black edition cpu and a 1 tb seagate sata hd and Patriot 2048 MB DDR2 RAM.  I put everything together and BIOS started just fine I put the optical drive to boot first and turned it off.  Restarted it with the windows 7 64 bit oem dvd that I bought in the drive.  It showed a loading files screen then a starting windows screen and froze there.  I don't know what the problem might be?  Somebody told me that the oem dvd requires a previous os but Microsoft says that is not true.  Anyone..... PLEASE!

Monday, July 11, 2011 1:28 AM

Answers

• Just a thought, does the hangs continue if you took out the oem dvd? What about other cd or dvd, does it hang & allow you to run setup when you insert a CD onto the cd/dvd drive?

Though you mention is a new build with new processor & mobo, what about the cd/dvd drive? Is it new? Have you try swapping the dvd drive to another workable drive if you're able to grab hold of any

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, July 18, 2011 9:21 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 1:55 AM
    Answerer