Classic three box login for Win7 RRS feed

• Question

• Why is Microsoft not listening or addressing the concerns/desires of their customers?  I have found forums, blogs, tech articles out the butt dated since 2008 or before asking, no, begging Microsoft to do something about this.  Why can we not get a classic logon with three fields for USERNAME,  PASSWORD and DOMAIN?  (domain being a drop-down list...NOT the crappy domainname\username the way it is now.)  I have seen moderators blow people off saying stuff like it was unneccessary.  My a$$.  I have 150 users who are going to need retraining.  The universty I work for has literally thousands of users on the main campus that will have to be taught how to log on!  This is not the non-issue the moderators have been claiming.  Not the least of which,  we are the customer.  We pay for a product and expect it to perform the way we are acustomed to.  You did some great things recovering from the Vista fiasco with Windows 7, don't screw it up now.
    Monday, July 2, 2012 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows XP logon screen is a classic logon screen, where all user accounts are hidden from the Welcome screen and both a username and a password are required to log on. Windows 7 includes a Welcome screen as the default logon screen, which will be displayed on boot up for system where the individual user has its user account password-protected, or system with multiple local or network user accounts. In Welcome screen, the list of user account names or IDs or the user name of last logged in account is displayed for easy selection.

I'm afraid to say that switching between domain account and local account requires inputing domain or computername. But switching users in a same domain or workgroup, you can simply select the user account.

If you still want to use the old logon, I suggest you submit a feedback to development group. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:56 AM