Custom Application app pool crashing RRS feed

• Question

• We have a custom asp.net application (Visual Studio 2008) which is compiled for platform target x86.  We need it this way to link to Quickbooks and run Crystal reports for .Net.

In IIS, we are running a classic application pool for this app / Framework 2.0, and when we check the Enable 32 bit applications, our app will not run.  It says system not available and the application pool for this app has been stopped.  You can restart the pool, but when you try to run it again, it just stops the pool.

I have found 2 solutions from Google which have not worked.  One says:

So the solution for this problem is:

in the file "applicationHost.config" located at:

C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config

add this line:  preCondition="bitness64"

Example in my case:

This is BEFORE CHANGE:
     <add name="kerbauth" image="C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll" />

And this is after the change, when we add the line as described above:

<add name="kerbauth" image="C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll" preCondition="bitness64" />

Another said that you could not have a computer name with a ‘.’ In the name because this crashes IIS.  Our computer name is PDC, but the event log error said it was the full name of Prion.Local.PDC.  Is this our problem?

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:03 PM

Answers

• Since the issue is not directly related to SBS, I suggest you post to IIS forum:

http://forums.iis.net/

Thanks.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:00 AM

All replies

• Is there an SBS box involved here as that is what this forum is for?

Steve

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:34 PM
  • Since the issue is not directly related to SBS, I suggest you post to IIS forum:

http://forums.iis.net/

Thanks.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:00 AM