none
Unable to launch MDT 2013 task sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having trouble creating a Windows 7x64 WIM in MDT 2013.  I created a LiteTouchPE_x64.ISO from MDT share then used VM to boot up from this ISO.  All I see is boot up to X:\Windows\System32 command prompt with the Solution Accelerators blue background .  I didn't find any solution from Internet which could help me to go pass this situation.  Some stated disable Antivirus, some stated delete the boot folder then run Update MDT Development shared to recreate the ISO, some even stated to recreate MDT shared from scratch.  It seems like I am missing something from MDT configuration.  Anyone has any suggestion? 

Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:10 PM

All replies

• It sounds like it does not know where to find the deployment share.  You need to add certain information to the bootstrap.ini file.  Right click on the deployment share and select Properties.  Click on the Rules tab and then the Edit Bootstrap.ini button.

Under [Default] you need to add the DeplyRoot, UserId, UserDomain, and UserPassword (see MDT docs for more details on these).  After saving this, you then need to Update the deployment share to either update the boot image or regenerate the boot image.  This will add the bootstrap.ini info into LitetouchPE_x64.iso

Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:35 PM
  • The generic boot images behave that way. Are you using those?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:47 PM
  • Weird,

Once you boot up to the WinPE image, press F8, that will open a cmd.exe window. YOu can then use standard debugging techniques like TaskMgr.exe to see what is running in the background.

1. CHeck the status of x:\windows\system32\wpeinit.ini  THis runs first and will initialize the network. Could be hung here.

2. Check the status of x:\minint\smsosd\osdlogs\bdd.log

-k

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, April 29, 2016 10:51 PM