none
Greyed Out Backup Option.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Why is that some of the databases has their "Transaction Log" & "File and Filegroup" options in Backup greyed out? I was trying to create a backup job using the sql enterprise backup wizard. However, the database that is the backend of our erp application has its "Transaction Log" and "File and Filegroup" option greyed out.

Any idea why?

sk

Sunday, May 13, 2007 11:51 AM

Answers

• I can't be for sure without more information, but it is possible that the database is running under Simple backup mode, which means that the transaction log is not actively used.
    Monday, May 14, 2007 11:12 PM

All replies

• I can't be for sure without more information, but it is possible that the database is running under Simple backup mode, which means that the transaction log is not actively used.
    Monday, May 14, 2007 11:12 PM
  • How do i find out what mode the db is running on? The db was created while installing the erp running on it...

In the installation guide of the erp system, its mentioned to create jobs that truncate the database with no_log option and to be scheduled to run every minute. This according to me flushes the transaction log, right? Would this by any chance affect my differential db backup?

Thanks in advance...

sk

Friday, May 18, 2007 7:44 PM
  • this option is enabled only if you have restored a full backup with RESTORE WITH STANDBY option and the database is waiting in the RecoveryPending mode for restoring of the transaction log tail.

Read below Source for more details ;

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/207579/the-restore-transaction-log-is-grayed-out-in-management-studio

Monday, December 27, 2010 11:48 AM