Can't add domain user as administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1. Previously i can login using my domain user with administrative rights.But somehow this user don't have the administrator rights. I checked the member of list there is no administrator option which is before there. i try to add but no success. I create a local user where i can apply administrator right.

2. Now if I login by domain user and  change the administrator password and then try to login it says you administrator account is disabled. so i have to login by local created user.

3. one more thing when i login through domain user i cant access Device manager without local user password.(which i created) (it may be related to num 1. problem).

Plz someone help.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:01 AM

Answers

• Hmm, this could be due to a simple issue were the computer has fallen out of the domain. (Happens every now and then without any specific reason)

Have you tried to remove the computer from the domain and added it to a workgroup, reboot and then add it back to the domain again?

When you are logging on with a local account, the default serach-directory will be your local computer, so when you are about to add the domain account to the administrator group, make sure that the correct location is chosen. See picture:

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

Andreas Molin | Site: www.guidestomicrosoft.com | Twitter: andreas_molin

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Depending on your setup, there might be a GPO running.

I normaly set a GPO that removes all users from the local admin group. Then I have another that adds an AD-group instead. This gives me full control over users that are admins and users can't add them selfs.

In your case, I would log on to the computer with an account in the domain that has admin-rights and add your account to the local admin group, then log out and log on with the account you just added.

The reason you can't start the device manager is because you're not admin on the computer, so if you try the above, you should be able to start it.

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

Monday, March 17, 2014 8:55 AM
  • Hi, Thanks for the reply.

The 2nd method u talked I already tried that; normally i did that before and succeed. But this time when i log on using local user that have administrative rights and try to add domain user. But in the list it doesn't show my domain user (example "tanvir-pc.chq" domain user and "tanvir" is local user) only local user. I also create a new local user and give it admin rights and full control. and try the process you've told. but nothin happen same situation. So what to do now? Plz help!

Is there any other process?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:48 AM
  • Hmm, this could be due to a simple issue were the computer has fallen out of the domain. (Happens every now and then without any specific reason)

Have you tried to remove the computer from the domain and added it to a workgroup, reboot and then add it back to the domain again?

When you are logging on with a local account, the default serach-directory will be your local computer, so when you are about to add the domain account to the administrator group, make sure that the correct location is chosen. See picture:

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:01 AM