none
Error 10060 on TMG only for Lync Published URLs RRS feed

• Question

• Today i am facing a strange behaviour of Lync External URLs published on TMG 2010 which are not accesible from internet with the error 10060 appears when i test Lync rules:

My current deployment has TMG server where Exchange , ADRMS and Lync External urls are publishsed , i am having this issue on with only Lync URLs on tmg.

i am using a single web listner , 2 rules with meet and lync web external url. internally i have two front-ends with NLB in use for web traffic (Windows NLB didnt cause any problem for me as i have limited number of users although i agreed its not a recommended approach, but this didnt caused any panic for last 5 to 6 months, and i hope NLB is not a cause for this error suddenly).

What troubleshooting i have done so far:

- i am able to telnet 443 for my both urls from internet as well as nslookup.

-i can access meet/lync internal web URL internally , everything is fine.

-i am unable to access meet/lync URL on TMG, as well.

i am further troubleshoot the problem tomorrow morning , will update here!!.. Plz any help ?

• Edited by Farrukh Qazi Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:50 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do your publish exchange URL also using 443 as listener port?

If yes, you need to use different listener external IP address to lync URL.

Please make sure the certificate to Lync WebApp URL is correct. The certificate SAN entries should include meet.domain.com, dial.domain.com and web-external.domain.com.

You can try to disable Exchange , ADRMS rules, then check the lync Lync WebApp can work.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 30, 2011 1:48 AM

All replies

•  

oops !! i have checked ADRMS url as well , which also finishing up with same error 10060 when i am going to test rule on TMG.

i think this is a problem related to TMG 2010 . any idea?

• Edited by Farrukh Qazi Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:50 PM
  • Help required !!!
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. www.techguyfarrukh.blog.com
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

The following article gives a solution about it. Hope it can help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191143

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:03 AM
  • it applies on ISA servers only!!...
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. www.techguyfarrukh.blog.com
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:16 PM
  • Hi,

Do your publish exchange URL also using 443 as listener port?

If yes, you need to use different listener external IP address to lync URL.

Please make sure the certificate to Lync WebApp URL is correct. The certificate SAN entries should include meet.domain.com, dial.domain.com and web-external.domain.com.

You can try to disable Exchange , ADRMS rules, then check the lync Lync WebApp can work.

Friday, December 30, 2011 1:48 AM