none
Applying tattoo in OSD using MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to implement Tattoo in OSD using MDT 2013

Please suggest me the ways how to achieve it ?

Thanks,

Friday, July 3, 2015 7:39 AM

Answers

• Yes, you can modify the default ZTITatoo.wsf to add the fields you want, or you can clone it, create you own separate one, and add your changes there. I recommend that.

I have my own reg key in the software hive where I dump a ton of deployment info, for example:

(each entry is one line beginning at oShell.RegWrite, and ending with "REG_SZ")

oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\Task Sequence ID", oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\Task Sequence Name", oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceName"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\Task Sequence Version", oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceVersion"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\DeploymentLocation", oEnvironment.Item("Location001"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\DeploymentShare", oEnvironment.Item("DeployRoot"), "REG_SZ"

oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\UserID", oEnvironment.Item("UserID"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\UserDomain", oEnvironment.Item("UserDomain"), "REG_SZ"

• Edited by JoeZeppy Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:28 PM
    • Proposed as answer by JoeZeppy Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Abhishek Kr Sinha Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:16 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:26 PM

All replies

• The ZTITatoo script is run by default, for example if you're using the "Standard Client Task Sequence". Did you build a custom task sequence? If so just add a Run Command Line with the following in the command line: cscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%\ZTITatoo.wsf"

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, July 3, 2015 1:05 PM
  • Hi thanks for answering. But i want that my tatoo will create registery entry for organisation name, Task sequence name and task sequence version. How it can be implemented?
    Friday, July 3, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Type ZTITatoo in the search field of the Help in MDT. Look at the topic ZTITatoo.wsf and ZTITatoo.mof for full explanations. I'm not sure what you're asking.

ZTITatoo does not write the organization name, you could add "OrgName=" to your customsettings file or edit the unattend.xml file of the TS you want to run.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, July 3, 2015 1:34 PM
  • Yes, you can modify the default ZTITatoo.wsf to add the fields you want, or you can clone it, create you own separate one, and add your changes there. I recommend that.

I have my own reg key in the software hive where I dump a ton of deployment info, for example:

(each entry is one line beginning at oShell.RegWrite, and ending with "REG_SZ")

oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\Task Sequence ID", oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\Task Sequence Name", oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceName"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\Task Sequence Version", oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceVersion"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\DeploymentLocation", oEnvironment.Item("Location001"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\DeploymentShare", oEnvironment.Item("DeployRoot"), "REG_SZ"

oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\UserID", oEnvironment.Item("UserID"), "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\UserDomain", oEnvironment.Item("UserDomain"), "REG_SZ"

• Edited by JoeZeppy Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:28 PM
    • Proposed as answer by JoeZeppy Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Abhishek Kr Sinha Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:16 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:26 PM
  • I know this in an older post but - can't seem to find one that provides direction as above

I'm using UDI for the first time - I get the changes to the ZTITATTOO, but how can I capture which 'software group' was selected and add that info to the reg? This would be something akin to selecting a 'role' in MDT during the build which I can then query for to use in collections.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 7:39 PM