none
Project 2013 How to Select multiple rows and perform an action? RRS feed

• Question

• In MS Project 2010 and prior I was able to manually select multiple rows in a table and then perform an action. For example, to move multiple rows to another spot by clicking the entire row and hold down the shift or control key to select multiple rows then drag the group to another spot.

In MS Project, the rows appear to select but as soon as I try to perform an action all the multiple selections un-hilight and I can only perform the action on one row.

I used this technique for other common changes across selected rows and no longer know how to do it. Most paid is no able to move multiple rows around in the construction/organization stages of a project plan.

I have searched the options and nothing seems to be there. Also, read through the shortcuts. I have searched the MS Project forums and am surprised not to have found this mentioned.

Are other folks missing this ability?

Am I doing it wrong? Is this a method no longer supported in Project 2013? Configuration issue on my side?

regards.

___________ Stephen D Wise

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:17 PM

Answers

• Stephen --

What you are seeing is a known and documented bug in Microsoft Project 2013.  Microsoft has acknowledged this bug and is working on a fix.  I do not have any knowledge about when this bug will be fixed, however.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by edgewedge Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:55 PM

All replies

• It works OK for me. We use that functionality quite a bit when creating new schedules.
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:22 PM
  • Stephen --

What you are seeing is a known and documented bug in Microsoft Project 2013.  Microsoft has acknowledged this bug and is working on a fix.  I do not have any knowledge about when this bug will be fixed, however.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by edgewedge Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:55 PM