none
Unable to install DPM 2012 Protection Agent: Remotely and Locally RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to install DPM 2012 Protection Agent Locally but I haven't been successful.

I am following what is explained here and I have been successful many times before, not this once.

The error I get is "Could not load the setup launch Screen. Please contact Microsoft product support." while trying to run DPMAgentInstaller_x64.exe (yes the server is 64 bit 2008 r2)

And here's an output from event viewer for this problem:

Activation context generation failed for "e:\asd323asdad6asdd864079b9dca7f\1033\SetupLaunchScreen.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8bas1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Do you have any advice? Anybody seen that before?

Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:32 AM

All replies

• Had the same issue.

Solved it by installing the VCREDIST manually.

If you used the default installation path, you can find the vcredist_x64.exe at this location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\ProtectionAgents\AC\4.1.3313.0\amd64\vcredist_x64.exe"

After this run the DPM agent setup again.

Agent setups skips Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package the installation, because it's already installed.
    But it looks like the installed version isn't compatible with the DPM agent setup.

Monday, January 21, 2013 1:21 PM
  • Had the same issue.

Solved it by installing the VCREDIST manually.

If you used the default installation path, you can find the vcredist_x64.exe at this location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\ProtectionAgents\AC\4.1.3313.0\amd64\vcredist_x64.exe"

After this run the DPM agent setup again.

Agent setups skips Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package the installation, because it's already installed.
    But it looks like the installed version isn't compatible with the DPM agent setup.

This solved the problem for me as well.
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:08 AM
  • Always add dot net 1st and then Visual C++.  Doing it alone may not have the desired result.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:22 PM
  • The installer is also on the DPM 2012 install cd

<cd>\SCDPM\Redist\vcredist\

This worked for me also, thanks for the fix!

Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:12 AM
  • Hi, Does this require the reboot?
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:05 PM