none
Power Query not in COM Add-in after installation RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi.  I have an issue with Power Query (Win 8, MSO365):

- Day before yesterday I installed slovakian version of the PowerQuery (PowerQuery_2.20.3945.242 (32-bit) [sk-SK].MSI) - today morning it worked well.

- however i realised,  I am using Excel in English but Power Query  in SK. So I unistalled the SK version and installed the current EN version (PowerQuery_2.21.3974.242 (32-bit) [en-us].MSI) - installation was successfully finished.  However Power Query is not available under COM Add-In.

- I tried also to unistal the EN version and install the Sk version from yesterday, believeing it will work. But it does NOT.

Please help me to resolve it. 

Thx

Robert 

Thursday, April 16, 2015 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

Can you check the list of disabled add ins? You can find it at File -> Options -> Add-Ins At the bottom of the page there is a drop down labeled Manage:. Choose Disabled Items and the click go.  If Power Query is in there enable it and try again.

-jeff

Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

in th disabled Items there is only Microsoft Excel Previewer.

Robert

Friday, April 17, 2015 5:18 AM
  • Bummer.  Can you try this.

1. Uninstall Power Query

2. Run Repair on your Office Install

3. Install Power Query

If that doesn't work, can you export everything under this registry key

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRun\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel

Friday, April 17, 2015 6:45 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Repairing Office did help.

thanks a lot.

Robert

Friday, April 17, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Awesome, glad I could help.

-jeff

Friday, April 17, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Hi Jeff, uninstalled Office, downloaded new version Office365 but Power Query doesn't show up anywhere.

Do you know if it comes pre-installed in Office365?

It's not in the Options/Add-Ins anywhere and it's not disabled either. Running Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks

CH Golombek

Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:50 PM
  • Hi CH Golombek.

yes, Power Query is already preinstalled in Office 365 and integrated into MS Excel

You will find it under tab "Data". Start with Data > Get Data.

R.

Monday, July 6, 2020 4:52 AM