none
Microsoft Edge Enterprise Mode

Question

• I am attempting to turn on Enterprise Mode for Edge. I have followed the instructions at the link below.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt270205.aspx

The option to force all intranet traffic to IE works but the option to use a site list I never get redirected.  Has anyone successfully implemented this and if so am I just missing a step?

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• It's working fine for us. We are configuring the EM sitelist and also the EM telemetry, via Domain GP, mainly to manage the EM/docmode for IE11 on Win7 and Win8.1, but applying the same GP to Win10 causes MSFT Edge to transition the URL into IE11, without any additional configuration on Win10. We aren't using "force all Intranet to use IE11". We aren't using any EM sitelist directives to force transition-to-IE nor to prevent transition-to-IE.

For us, it just works. (which is a rather refreshing surprise ;)

We are using Win10ENT, Build 10240.

Don

Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:35 PM
  • What is weird is previously it didn't work and then this morning I came in and all of a sudden it worked.  I didn't change any policies between yesterday and today. Oh well at least I guess it is working now
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:22 PM
  • Maybe it's just a temporary network problem, probably check the event logs for more information.

Anyway, good to hear that it's working now. Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:26 AM
  • What is weird is previously it didn't work and then this morning I came in and all of a sudden it worked.  I didn't change any policies between yesterday and today. Oh well at least I guess it is working now

There is a delay between browser-launch, and sitelist-download (well at least this is true for IE so it might also be true for Edge).
    So, the first time you launch the browser, wait a minute or two, then try navigation.

Don

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:51 AM