none
ConfigMgr 2012 manual client installation fails

Question

• Hi there,

I have too many CM12 client installations (manual installation using psexec) failing with the below error message:

"GetDPLocations failed with error 0x80072efd....
    Location request failed with error 0x80072efd, status code 200. MP could be busy at this moment"

Any advice on this is much appreciated. Thanks in advance !!

Regards,
    Madhu

Monday, May 21, 2012 1:53 PM

Answers

• You may want to look at the ccmsetup.log on a machine that executed from client push installation and one that ccmsetup.exe was called with no parameters using psexec.  Compare the command lines used in each log file and see where each is trying to connect to download the installation files.

BH

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:20 PM

All replies

• That error translates to ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT.
    Why have you used psexec? How many clients did you try to install at the same time?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, May 21, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

I did use psexec to quicken the process of client push, though automated client push installation also is in place.

At one shot,i tried installing 20 clients out of which only 2 succeeded and the rest threw this error.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:45 AM
  • what is the exact commandline you used (including parameters?)
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:35 AM
  • Actually i did use the GUI for PSexec (called EZ-execute) and running the application 'ccmsetup.exe' and there are no parameters specified. The account that i use has the local admin rights on the targeted computers.

The first installation attempt returns me the erro:

"GetDPLocations failed with error 0x80072efd. . .

Location request failed with error 0x80072efd, status code 200. MP could be busy at this moment"

And the subsequent retries (every ten minutes) returns the error

"Failed to send HTTP request. (Error at WinHttpSendRequest: 12029)".

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:31 AM
  • You may want to look at the ccmsetup.log on a machine that executed from client push installation and one that ccmsetup.exe was called with no parameters using psexec.  Compare the command lines used in each log file and see where each is trying to connect to download the installation files.

BH

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:20 PM
  • well, sounds good..Thanks Bruce :)

Give you an update on that.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:50 AM
  • Have Windows 2008 R2 Server Environment with 1 Primary Server SCCM 2012 (RTM version)

Had exact same error as above when deploying SCCM 2012 client via client push installation method. After 2 days of troubleshooting, checking Server and client log files, ccmsetup.log, mpcontrol.log also reinstalling Management Point several times.

Came down to a Windows Firewall rule configured on the Primary Site server that was blocking inbound traffic on HTTP port 80.

Added IP subnet of clients which were not installing to the Windows Firewall Rule and tested immediately clients started installing.

Hope this helps, worked for me.
    • Edited by shu_ZA Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by shu_ZA Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:31 PM
    Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:10 AM