none
How can I HIDE delegate name from send on behalf messages RRS feed

• Question

• I have a shared Helpdesk mailbox in Exchange 2010.

When sending a message the from field has Smith, Joe on behalf of the Helpdesk.

How can I hide "Smith, Joe on behalf" and just let the message state "Helpdesk"?

Thanks!

Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:39 PM

All replies

• Reconfigure the permissions that are set so that they aren't "Send on Behalf." Use "Send As" permission instead.
    • Proposed as answer by Hardik_Patel_ Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:15 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:36 PM
  • I added the delegate to the shared account security tab with "Send As" permissions, in ADUC.

Should I remove the delegate from the shared account in EMC from the Mail Flow Settings >> Delivery Options>

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:12 PM
  • It's not a good idea to have both Send As and Send On Behalf Of conferred because there can be confusion with the behavior.  Give a user one or the other but not both.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:19 PM
  • Thanks, I will remove the delegate from the shared account in EMC, and only depend on the Send As setting for the delegate in the shared account's Security tab in ADUC.
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:35 PM
  • You're welcome, happy to have helped.  Please feel free to mark responses as the answer and/or vote them helpful as appropriate.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:37 PM