Windows 7 failed to start RRS feed

• Question

• Summary: I have a SONY Voia, recently changed the hard drive because it crashed. 

1.  Installed windows 7 it was working fine for several weeks, then one day I turned it on and received message Windows failed to start, tried the start up repair, got message Windows can not repair this computer automatically. 

2.  I took the computer to Fire-dog techs was told that they zeroed the hard drive out and reinstalled Windows 7, again it worked for several days, then again got message from Windows Boot manager Windows failed to start, status Oxc000000f, setup repair can not repair this computer automatically. 

3.  Originally this computer had two hard drives installed, was told by a tech at best buy computer Geeks that I really only needed one hard drive so I installed one???

Thanks

Sunday, September 4, 2011 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, that seem the BCD was corrupted. Please try this KB below, it should apply for Windows 7 also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, September 12, 2011 6:58 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:50 AM