none
Unable to Edit Tags RRS feed

• Question

• For the last few hours I have been unable to edit Wiki article tags. When I click "Edit tags", modify the tags, and click "Save", I get the message "An error occurred while saving or formatting tags." I have tried in IE 11, IE 9, and Firefox. Anyone else noticed this? I can edit articles, but I try to avoid that if I only need to edit tags.

Edit: OK, now that I have reported the problem, I seem to be able to edit tags most of the time, but not always. I cannot see any difference between cases where I succeed and where I get the error.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:37 AM

Answers

• Richard,

I edited the first article, added the tag Has Image, and attempted to save.

I got the following error:

A page by this name exists in this wiki already. Please choose another name for this page.       

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:17 PM

All replies

• The problem seems to be with just two Wiki articles (the two I was working on at the time). I have been able to edit tags on other articles with no problem. The articles are:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6233.introduzione-a-windows-intune-v2-it-it.aspx

where I was attempting to add the tag "Has Image", to match the duplicate article I marked for deletion. And

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5816.aspx

where I attempted to add "Windows Server 2008" and change "Has Images" to "Has Image".

I will wait awhile for anyone else to investigate, but then I will attempt to edit the articles (instead of edit tags), change this thread to a discussion (since there will be no answer), and consider the situation closed.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Richard,

I edited the first article, added the tag Has Image, and attempted to save.

I got the following error:

A page by this name exists in this wiki already. Please choose another name for this page.       

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:17 PM
  • Thanks Karl, that error message makes more sense, since I previously marked the duplicate for deletion. Hopefully, once the duplicate is deleted this article can be modified. For now, nothing can be done. The tag is not very important, but we don't want articles that can not be updated. I will try to find a duplicate for the second article.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:21 PM
  • Ah, searching on the tags I was able to find the duplicate for the second article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5817.aspx

The both have the title:

Renomear um domínio no Windows Server 2008 (pt-BR)

I don't know how that can happen, but it explains why I could not edit the tags. Until the duplicates are deleted, nothing more can be done.

Thanks Karl for helping me solve this.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:31 PM
  • You are welcome, Richard.

Glad to help.

Karl

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:35 PM