how to update list's item version values in sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• i want to update lists items version column values like 3.0 0r 5.0 through webpart in document library.. is it possible for updating version column to a particular list...please suggest me...

thanks,

Jayaseelan

Seelan
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:29 PM Not BI (From:SharePoint - Business Intelligence (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Why you want to create your own version numbers?

There is no easy way to do this in programatically set the version number. Instead you can create new column and store version number whatever you want in this.

Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    Friday, December 17, 2010 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am bit confused here. Do you want to update the column version or Item version? Sharepoint does not supports column level versioning. Now if you want to update the item level versioning then you can enable the list versioning.

List settings-->Versioning settings--->"Create a version each time you edit an item in this list?" option should be YES.

Hope it will help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Friday, December 17, 2010 5:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for ur reply,  but i didn't get exactly what i expected..i am uploadin document through webpart that time document version should be 4.0 or any my expected value. this value i want to update through code....how do i do? Please suggest me..

Thanks,

Jayaseelan

Seelan
    Friday, December 17, 2010 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

Why you want to create your own version numbers?

There is no easy way to do this in programatically set the version number. Instead you can create new column and store version number whatever you want in this.

Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    Friday, December 17, 2010 6:33 AM
  • k thanks..
    Seelan
    Friday, December 17, 2010 9:10 AM