Migrating 5.1 to new Servers. RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have a upgrade guide to move a 5.1 DB and publishing server to new vm's?  

I have about 80 packages deployed and I would rather not have to do those manually.

Thanks,

Jason

Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:02 PM

Answers

• Need some more information:

• How is your package share configured (exists on the publishing server, on a network share, etc)?
    • Is the SQL server a standalone instance or on the Publishing Server machine?

If the DB is on its own SQL Server you would migrate the database, and then install the publishing server service on the new VM and add them via the management console.  You would then remove the old publishing servers via the management console. 

I just did this in our environment to get from Server 2008 to Server 2016.

• Marked as answer by oliphanj Friday, March 22, 2019 1:36 PM
    Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:21 PM

All replies

• Need some more information:

• How is your package share configured (exists on the publishing server, on a network share, etc)?
    • Is the SQL server a standalone instance or on the Publishing Server machine?

If the DB is on its own SQL Server you would migrate the database, and then install the publishing server service on the new VM and add them via the management console.  You would then remove the old publishing servers via the management console. 

I just did this in our environment to get from Server 2008 to Server 2016.

• Marked as answer by oliphanj Friday, March 22, 2019 1:36 PM
    Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:21 PM
  • I have already completed the upgrade.  I just fork lifted all of the files over and re-published them all manually.  It took me about a day for 120 programs and 80 packages.  That was the method I was going to use but since our SQL server was standalone and since we were changing it's computer name/IP I decided this might just be easier.  

Thanks,

Jason

Friday, March 22, 2019 1:36 PM