none
Error in installation RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have reformatted the hard to install steady state.  After I install and restart the computer I received an error message that reads --   An unexpected error occurred (0x8004100e). 

When I click on the steady state icon I receive an error message that reads  --  Windows Steady State is not correctly installed.  Repair or reinstall the application. 

I have reinstalled and receive the same messages.  Any ideas on what I can do?

Thank you.

Regards,

thedrake9

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if there is problem when checking the hard disk. You can check this with the following steps:

------------------------

1. Click Start and then Run.

2. Type in cmd and click OK.

3. Type in chkdsk and press Enter.

4. Wait for the command complete and check if there is error on the drive.

If error is found, you may need to perform a full format (select “Format the partition by using the NTFS file system”) instead of quick format to fix the hard drive problem first.

Regards,

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Thedrake9,

Did the unexpected error occur after enabling Windows Disk Protection (WDP)? Based on my experience, restart is only needed when trying to enable WDP. 

If the issue occurs after enabling WDP, the problem can be caused by hard drive problems as WDP is very sensitive to the this kind of problem. I recommend checking the disk and then defragging the disk before the installation of SteadyState.

2. Type in "chkdsk /f" without quotations and press Enter. Type in Y and press Enter.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Open "My Computer", right click drive C and click Properties.

5. Click Tools -> Defragment Now. Click Defragment.

After that, try to install SteadyState again.

Best Regards,

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:13 AM
  • Dear Shawn,

I tried your suggestion, but still no luck.  Any other ideas?  I'm about ready to give up.

Regards,

thedrake9

Friday, October 12, 2007 1:54 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm if there is problem when checking the hard disk. You can check this with the following steps:

------------------------

2. Type in cmd and click OK.

3. Type in chkdsk and press Enter.

4. Wait for the command complete and check if there is error on the drive.

If error is found, you may need to perform a full format (select “Format the partition by using the NTFS file system”) instead of quick format to fix the hard drive problem first.

Regards,

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:46 AM
  • Dear Shawn,

If I complete a full format on the hard drive, will I loose student data or programs?

Thank you.

Regards,

thedrake9

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:59 AM
  • Hi Thedrake9,

Full format is similar to normal (fast) format. However, if will take more time to clear & check the hard drive which may fix some potential problems. Of course, format will delete all the data on the system drive. If you have some important data, please backup them to another partition or drive first.

Regards,

Thursday, October 18, 2007 3:36 AM