none
Enterprise calendar and resource calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have several questions.

1. Is it possible to somehow link the internal corporate sharepoint calendars with calendars in PWA?
    2. If not, how you can display in PWA enterprise calendar (holidays) and resource calendar for each employee (vacation, sick leave).
    3. I  plan to create administrative tasks (vacation, training, business trip, sick), so that each employee can report back if he was ill, trained or was on vacation. I do not know how much it will be correct.
    The goal - is to take into account resource availability on the chart, such training, travel, etc.
    The manager, if he appointed a task order to an employee who, for example, at the hospital, just saw it and reassign it to another.

Monday, August 6, 2012 7:15 PM

All replies

• #1 - No, this is not possible as far as I know with out of box functionality.

#2 - The enterprise calendar cannot be displayed since it is stored in a binary format that is inaccessible. The Resource Calendar can be, sort of, if you are using Administrative Time Categories. The Admin time is available in the RDB so you can show exceptions of when people aren't here, assuming they are entering planned outages.

#3 - There are only 3 core scenarios for Admin time. While you can create n variations, these are really the only 3 buckets needed.

• I wasn't here in the past and need to record this. (i.e. Sick)
    • I am here but can't work on Project work (Support)
    • I won't be here in the future (Vacation)

While you can add as many categories, I wouldn't go overboard unless you have a driving business need to track how many hours are spent in divisional meetings, etc. Each line added adds weekly decision and entry time for every user so add with care.

Treb Gatte @tgatte

Monday, August 6, 2012 9:03 PM