Brightness control and camera doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. On Windows 8.1 I have the same issues as on Windows 8. My first problem is
    about the graphic card (ati radeon hd 5470m); With any single driver(from Microsoft, Asus or
    AMD) I can't set the brightness correctly. More precisely, the screen work only if the level
    of brightness is set at maximum. The people from AMD told me to tell Asus about this
    problem. Then the people from Asus told me that the driver wasn't upgraded but my driver which is form Microsoft was released on 8/22/2013.  My second problem is about the camera(HardwareID3=USB
    \VID_13D3&PID_5130&MI_00); on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 the picture is turned
    upside down. Those problem persist even after I install camera codec pack from
    Microsoft and the camera driver form my notebook, it is true that the driver from Asus is for
    Windows 7. But I've tried anyway. If you could heIp me I would be grateful. Thank you!
    • Edited by C.Stefan Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:10 PM mistake
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my experience, this problem often caused by Graphic driver problem. if ASUS didn't provid Windows 8 driver for this Graphic Card, may be you can try to uninstall it and try to use system default Graphic driver for test.

In addition, please upgrade all the hardware driver of your computer to be latest. if possible, you can contact ASUS to upgrade BIOS for test.

Also please try to method below for test.

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check windows updates for driver updates. You may try installing the same and check if it helps.

Follow these steps and check if it helps.
    a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.
    b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I would also suggest to download and install “Windows Display Driver Model Enhancements in Windows 8” and “Windows 8 Brightness Control for Integrated Displays” from the links and check if it helps:

Windows Display Driver Model Enhancements in Windows 8

Windows 8 Brightness Control for Integrated Displays

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 23, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Thank you for all your help.

I want to say that the first method didn't work and for the second method, when I click on the links all that I can download are some documents. I don't see anything to install there.

However, I have already installed the WDDM v1.2(from Device Manager) but it still doesn't work. Also I have uninstalled the WDDM and the brightness control work. I am using Windows Basic Display Adapter but now I have another I have another issue: my maximum resolution is 1024x768.

• Edited by C.Stefan Friday, September 27, 2013 3:52 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 3:44 PM