none
Delegation in 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What are the users listed in the Set Delegate - Delegate Name - list : I have only two users: myself and the administrator.

In this dialog, do we select the user who will be replaced by somebody else, or do we select the user who needs to be replaced?

Thanks

Sunday, February 20, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

perhaps there is a minor translation issue? I am not sure where you find Set Delegate - Delegate Name - list. Please let me know where you did start.

Let's go from Quick Launch - Personal Settings:

• With appropriate permissions (an admin will have the same possibilities in Server Settings), you will be able to define who is allowed to act as delegate for whom during a period of time:
      Manage Delegates - New. The first name is the person who will replace someone else, the second name will enjoy his vacation.
    • In Personal Settings there is also an "Act as delegate". To use this, a delegation has to be prepared as described above. The person acting for someone else can start delegation session there.

Be aware of that there are new Global Permissions on Group level, to define, who can act as delegate, can manage own delegations and who ist allowed to manage delegations. If you have only two users to select but more users in your system, check permissions for the others.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:33 PM
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:57 PM

All replies

In this dialog, do we select the user who replace somebody else, or do we select the user who needs to be replaced?

:-)

Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Hi,

perhaps there is a minor translation issue? I am not sure where you find Set Delegate - Delegate Name - list. Please let me know where you did start.

Let's go from Quick Launch - Personal Settings:

• With appropriate permissions (an admin will have the same possibilities in Server Settings), you will be able to define who is allowed to act as delegate for whom during a period of time:
      Manage Delegates - New. The first name is the person who will replace someone else, the second name will enjoy his vacation.
    • In Personal Settings there is also an "Act as delegate". To use this, a delegation has to be prepared as described above. The person acting for someone else can start delegation session there.

Be aware of that there are new Global Permissions on Group level, to define, who can act as delegate, can manage own delegations and who ist allowed to manage delegations. If you have only two users to select but more users in your system, check permissions for the others.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:33 PM
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:57 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks a lot. I think I'm on the right way.

What I did:

Personal Settings

Manage delegates

New : get Add Delegation page

·         Set Delegate section : Delegate name (drop down list)

·         Working on Behalf of : User name (drop down list)

I will check the group permission which manage this feature

Thanks again

Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:33 PM