Visual Studio Does NOT Open After Installation RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed Visual Studio 2017 Community and it does not open. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, repaired it, I even went and deleted all the files in AppData and regedit and reinstalled the Visual Studio Installer. I even tried older versions of 2017 and it still refuses to open. When I try to open it, I see a program called "devenv.exe" run for a split second then it stops. On Task Manager before it disappears it says "Suspended". When I go to Resource Monitor I see it in the Overview as "Terminated". I don't understand why it's refusing to let it run. Can anyone help? I've spent all day trying to fix this and I'm behind on work.
    Friday, September 21, 2018 12:24 AM

All replies

• devenv is the visual studio process, so it is at least trying to start.
    Are there entries for a crash in the Application event log?
    Any 3rd party Antivirus installed?
    • Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:11 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2018 6:20 PM
  • Hi,

In addition, for Visual Studio issue, I suggest discussing it in our visual studio forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-us/home?category=visualstudio

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:11 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2018 4:42 AM