none
KB3070083 not applicable to your computer

Question

• Our network consists a number of domain controllers. These domain controllers were running Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2. Replacing the old domain controllers based on Server 2008 I recently configured four new domain controllers based on Server 2012 R2. These are our first Server 2012 R2 domain controllers.

Since the introduction of the domain controllers based on Server 2012 R2, in the logs I see the following errors:

ActiveDirectory_DomainService | 2974 | Global Catalog
       The attribute value provided is not unique in the forest or partition. Attribute: servicePrincipalName Value=CmRcService/CI023473
       CN=HOSTNAME,OU=OUNAME,DC=DOMAINNAME,DC=local Winerror: 8647
        See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=279782 for more details on this policy.

During my searchI found the following KB article KB3070083.

I have downloaded the hotfix, but when I try to install the hotfix, I get the message: The update is not applicable to your computer.

On the informational page  about this hotfix is mentioned that update KB2919355 is required, but this update is installed on the servers. The server is equipped with the most recent updates.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

• Edited by bsl [jfsg] Monday, February 20, 2017 8:34 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 8:34 AM

Answers

• Thanks for all the comments. Once reading my question again, I conclude that I might have worded my question wrong.
    I was looking for an alternative way to apply the solution of the article KB3070083 in our organization. Through the internet, I found the following article as the solution describes the problem I have experienced. I can apply this action and is now awaiting the results.

Everyone many thanks for thinking.

• Proposed as answer by Wendy JiangModerator Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by bsl [jfsg] Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by bsl [jfsg] Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:10 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi

May have duplicate spn??Check the article and follow the steps to fix;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3070083/duplicate-spn-check-on-windows-server-2012-r2-based-domain-controller-causes-restore,-domain-join-and-migration-failures

http://www.dbaglobe.com/2015/08/fix-spn-registration-issue-for-windows.html

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Monday, February 20, 2017 8:41 AM
  • Thanks for thinking, but I had already found these articles. All these sources points to the same hotfix, but as stated, I get an error when I try to install this update.
    Monday, February 20, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Check this migration article and compare with your steps;

http://blogs.msmvps.com/mweber/2012/07/27/upgrading-an-active-directory-domain-from-windows-server-2008-or-windows-server-2008-r2-to-windows-server-2012/

You need to verify dc,replication health,functional levels etc..first.Also for 32 bit server (server 2008)check for manually prepare steps on the article also...

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Thanks for your reference to this article, I have read it.
    Although I did not know this article, this is the roadmap that I have followed in deploying the domain controllers in our organization.
    The dcdiag tool only reports the error message: LDAP error 0x20 (32) - No Such Object. In my view this is completely unrelated to the problem that I reported.

Can anyone help me with the solution to SPN / UPN uniqueness.

Monday, February 20, 2017 1:23 PM
  • I have downloaded the hotfix, but when I try to install the hotfix, I get the message: The update is not applicable to your computer.

To the subject; that package is rather old 7/2015 and could be superseded. I'd check the version of windows update agent. Mine is currently 7.9.9600.18340 (properties of \windows\system32\wuaueng.dll)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 20, 2017 2:25 PM
  • My version of wuaueng.dll is also v7.9.9600.18340.

On the information page from KB3070083 I could not find evidence that this hotfix is replaced by a more recent version.

Monday, February 20, 2017 2:36 PM
  • It looks like the hotfix updates;

Ntdsai.dll to version 6.3.9600.17901

I just check an up-to-date patched DC here and it has;

Ntdsai.dll 6.3.9600.18505

so it seems reasonable it reports not applicable.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 20, 2017 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:39 AM
  • Thanks for all the comments. Once reading my question again, I conclude that I might have worded my question wrong.
    I was looking for an alternative way to apply the solution of the article KB3070083 in our organization. Through the internet, I found the following article as the solution describes the problem I have experienced. I can apply this action and is now awaiting the results.

Everyone many thanks for thinking.

• Proposed as answer by Wendy JiangModerator Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by bsl [jfsg] Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:10 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for the share, and if your share is working for you, could you please makr it as answer? It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.
    Appreciate for your feedback.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:57 AM