none
Can I perform an AD sync for the enterprise resource pool where these resources are NOT automatically set up with a user account? RRS feed

Answers

• In this scenario if user is part of Project Server but not member of AD group being synchronize with ERP , user will be set a inactive. To avoid this situation for all those 80 users you need to select this check box  "Prevent Active Directory synchronization for this user"

You can find couple of more scenario's here for your quick reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985(v=office.14).aspx

Access to Project Site is controlled by project server, if you add users to project site manually, next time when project plan is published all manually added users will be removed unless they are part of Project plan(assignment is not necessary). In other words you could add user in project plan but don't have to assign to a task.

Using tool from codeplex you can disable this synchronization but from the administration point of view this is not recommended and will be a challenging task, since you have to manage each site manually.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by K-Dee Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:22 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Could you please elaborate about your requirement. Since ERP sync will add users into Team Members group and " User can be assigned as a resource" check box will be set.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:33 PM
  • Hi there...I think you may have answered it.  Looks like you can't do an AD sync to the ERP without a corresponding user account being established.  "Added to a team member group" tells me a user account was created too.  Perhaps you can answer a second question on this subject.

Scenerio:  20 users but 100 resources (of which 20 are also users).  Can I create an AD group to sync my "user/resource", hence the 20) and it will not affect the manually entered "80" resources I have in the pool???

My situation is we have numerous resources who will never log into project server yet I'd like them in the pool so at a minimum they can view the project team sharepoint worksite.  I'm thinking I would need to add these resources manually and then set up the AD process for the actual PWA users.  Am I on the right trail?  And just to confirm, a resource in the pool who is not a PWA user can view the project team site right??

Appreciate your feedback.  :)

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:08 PM
  • In this scenario if user is part of Project Server but not member of AD group being synchronize with ERP , user will be set a inactive. To avoid this situation for all those 80 users you need to select this check box  "Prevent Active Directory synchronization for this user"

You can find couple of more scenario's here for your quick reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985(v=office.14).aspx

Access to Project Site is controlled by project server, if you add users to project site manually, next time when project plan is published all manually added users will be removed unless they are part of Project plan(assignment is not necessary). In other words you could add user in project plan but don't have to assign to a task.

Using tool from codeplex you can disable this synchronization but from the administration point of view this is not recommended and will be a challenging task, since you have to manage each site manually.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by K-Dee Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:22 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:58 PM