Excel/Power Point/Outlook/Word (2003/2007) not responding. RRS feed

• Question

• I have several desktop with Windows 7 Professional and have Microsoft 2003/2007. But problem is that sometime excel/word/outlook is not responding. Example :- I am working in Excel file from 1/2 hr (without saving that file) and after that i cut some cell and paste it to new sheet it will be gone to not responding situation.

Kinldy resolve the issue it has been became panic for me.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Having run into this similar type of issue more and more frequently in recent times, it is becoming increasingly obvious that Office 2003 or 2007 wont be 'fixed'to better operate on Windows 7.

Everything I have read in the last 2 hours regarding this type of issue, the answers are saying Úpgrade to 2010.

Microsoft dont seem to be acknowledging the issue, and are even less likely to do anything about it given their support timelines for this program.

In dealing with this with 2 clients recently, upgrading to 2010, while opening a whole different can of worms, has at least stopped the program from experincing the 'not responding' issues.

I'd be keen to see if you get any different responses or resolutions to this.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you boot into clean boot mode to check what the result is.

Meanwhile, please kindly refer to the following similar thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/office2007deploymentcompatibility/thread/a052b1cf-6098-45ef-8015-94d72ee5878c/

If this issue persists, it is recommended to post at Office forum for further help, they should be better to help you on this problem:

Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Category

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, July 18, 2011 5:52 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 5:54 AM