Hi... Its me again... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi... I'm Kent...
    My mum used Windows Vista Business..
    But recently her windows cannot log in into the windows. It will stop after the loading...
    What makes it happen?
    Beside, when it load into windows, it shows profile not loaded properly..
    What can i do to prevent it happen?
    Thanks
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your problem description, please follow the steps below to narrow down the issue.

Run Windows Safe Mode 

1) Detach all unnecessary peripheral devices from your computer, such as printers, scanners and removable storage devices.

2) Restart the computer.

3) Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

4) Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.

5) Test the issue in Safe Mode to see if the issue still exists.

Note: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary.

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, let’s try a Clean Boot to test the issue.

Start Windows in Clean Boot mode

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure.

1) Click Start.

2) Copy and paste "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and click Enter.

3) Switch to Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

7) Click Restart to restart the computer and test the issue.

Otherwise, if the problem persists, I suggest that you should perform a system repair.

Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to run System Restore

1) Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2) Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3) Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next

4) Click Repair your computer

5) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next 

6) At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.

7) Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point before the issue occured.

8) Click Finish to restore the system.

Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

1) Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2) Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3) Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next

4) Click Repair your computer

5) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next

6) At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7) (Click the operating system that you want to repair), and then click Next.

8) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Hope it works!

Monday, October 20, 2008 6:40 AM