none
SP 2010 Healthcheck issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just recently configured a Project server 2010 sharepoint Farm with essentialy 3 accounts :

1 .Farm Admin account -->for CA, and accessing default content from the DB.

2. Web Application account--> All web applications execpt for the CA run under this account

3. Default Content Access Account for Search --> For accessing search content

In the health check I get the following errors :

ROOT\SPSconfig, the account used for the SharePoint timer service and the central administration site, is highly privileged and should not be used for any other services on any machines in the server farm.  The following services were found to use this account: Microsoft Project Server Events Service executes events triggered by changes to entities on the ProjectServer.(Windows Service)
    Microsoft Project Server Queuing Service executes project related jobs asynchronously. Example queue jobs: Save project, publish project, submit timesheet.(Windows Service)
    Web Analytics Data Processing Service(Windows Service)

Could you please suggest as to how can I get rid of this error.

Thanks

RRS
    Friday, December 3, 2010 6:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have a look at the technet article "Planning for service accounts", this would give you clear direction when and where to use which account

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197607.aspx

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com/
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 6:25 AM
  • Hi.

I used a domain\farmadmin account (with not elevated privileges) to install SharePoint Server and Project Server 2010, as suggested in the article above, and I also added it to the local machine administrators group as suggested; however, SharePoint's Healthcheck utility is issuing a warning that service accounts should not be members of the local administrators' group.  I'm confused by that.  What am I missing?

Jim Anderson | Chart-the-Course

Project Manager
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:22 AM