none
DPM 2012 and SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i installed DPM 2012 to Remote SQL Server VM Highly availble the SQL Server utlized by other Products and also has another instance the problem become when i tried to protect the sql Server i can't see any DB can be backuped i guess the problem that DPM database already there if this right what about the other instance.

thanks

Ahmed Ali

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

• Check to se that the SQL VSS Writer service is running on the SQL server.

By the way this little dot here . is where useful. Makes it easier to read you know ;)

CompTIA Security+, EUCIP Operate CiscoCNA(Expired), HP ASE (Expired) Checkpoint CSA, Novell CNA MCSA 2000:Security 2003:Security MCSE NT4 MCSE 2000:Security 2003:Security MCT 2009

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:15 PM
  • If ou select a DB in one protection group, it should still show up during the selection of resources to protect if you create a new protection group. You just shouldn't be able to select it.

If it doesnt show up at all, then there is an agent problem. Most likely the sql vss writer isnt runing in services.msc. Also check the volume shadow copy service.

CompTIA Security+, EUCIP Operate CiscoCNA(Expired), HP ASE (Expired) Checkpoint CSA, Novell CNA MCSA 2000:Security 2003:Security MCSE NT4 MCSE 2000:Security 2003:Security MCTS - Configuring: Windows 7&Vista, Applications & Network Infrastructure, Active Directory, SBS 2011, 2008 R2 Server & Desktop Virtualization MCITP - 2008 Server & Enterprise Administration, R2 Virtualization Administration MCT 2002-2012

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:34 PM
  • thanks for you reply actully i can see all other service that can be protected like system state only i can't see DBs i assume that this problem is related to DPM DB on the same SQL Server that need to be protected.

Ahmed Ali

Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:36 AM