none
Distorted images in internet explorer, chrome, and firefox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

it's my first time writing in a forum.i have just bought a dell notebook inspiron 15 which i upgrated from windows 8 to windows 8.1. (First time working with windows 8.)  i'm having distorted images at some sites, double or blurry either in internet explorer firefox or chrome. also very often i'm getting an error message that the web page cannot be viewed(in explorer) and in firefox that i should communicate with the web page in order to inform them that . when i refresh the page loads normally..so why does that happen..is there a problem with the browsers or are the websites outdated?

In addition,  web players other than youtube, like for example JWplayer start playing for a moment and then stop.After refreshing they stop at the same spot. i have the latest update of adobe flash and no problem with my internet connection.

thank you in advance

Anna, Greece

p.s i should note that i'm not very used in computer language so a simple explanation will be very welcomed. :)

Monday, June 23, 2014 11:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please list some websites here so I can test it in my Windows 8.1 IE 11 and check whether this issue is related with websites\browser\PC?

Since this issue happened in all browsers (IE\chrom\firefox) in your computer, then I think it might be system issue rather than a browser issue. Please make sure to keep the latest updates for you Windows 8.1, especially video driver, I suggest you manually view the manufacture website and find the latest version, and install it in your PC.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please list some websites here so I can test it in my Windows 8.1 IE 11 and check whether this issue is related with websites\browser\PC?

Since this issue happened in all browsers (IE\chrom\firefox) in your computer, then I think it might be system issue rather than a browser issue. Please make sure to keep the latest updates for you Windows 8.1, especially video driver, I suggest you manually view the manufacture website and find the latest version, and install it in your PC.

Yolanda Zhu

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:01 AM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the very late reply. I had a scan with dell system detect and no driver was outdated.

here are some links

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=187&weekday=thu

as you scroll down you can see the distortion at some parts. other colors and out of place.

the same thing happens in other comic sites. i work a lot on them cause i provide summaries of the chapters.

Also very often in my facebook profile the images doesn't load and i need to refresh.

another site that i often use is

http://9gag.com/gag/awrwZZ4

as you can see in the screenshot at the beginning it's clear an afterwards becomes blurry

thank you for your time

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

This pages all display fine in my PC, for IE, you can click Tools\Internet Options\Advanced, then under "Accelerated graphics" enable or disable hardware acceleration to check for hardware or software compatibility issues with viewing certain Internet websites.

Or under "Multimedia", enable automatic image resizing, check the result.

or clear browser history, temporary internet files, tools\internet options\general\delete... or reset IE as a test.

These are solutions for IE, since this issue happend on all browsers, I guess that it might be related with your video card--hardware device, if so, it's recommended to take this pc to a local shop to repair it.

Yolanda Zhu

Friday, July 4, 2014 6:18 AM