Program won't run "Under Virtual Machine?" RRS feed

• Question

• Tried asking this on Microsoft Help, they directed me here.

Simply put, I downloaded a Trainer to spice up my game experience on one of my games. It worked for a brief time, then it started claiming it "Cannot run under a virtual machine". I thought it may be Hyper V, so I disabled it and I even disabled my Bitdefender Total 2016 to prevent false positives. This error continues to appear.

If anyone knows what Virtual Machine is causing the issue, can someone tell me how to disable it? I'm always curious about these errors, but I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Thanks much!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hi!

You could try the following; http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9684211/hyper-v-caeses-the-error-sorry-this-application-cannot-run-under-a-virtual-mac

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

Andreas Molin | Site: www.guidestomicrosoft.com | Twitter: andreas_molin

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:40 PM
  • Hi!

This is a tricky question since all trainers are different in their programming, so it could be anything from bad code to a specific file missing...

The easiest way is trying to contact the company/person that developed the trainer.

What is the trainer you are running called?

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Monday, January 18, 2016 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:55 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi!

This is a tricky question since all trainers are different in their programming, so it could be anything from bad code to a specific file missing...

The easiest way is trying to contact the company/person that developed the trainer.

What is the trainer you are running called?

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Monday, January 18, 2016 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:55 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:52 PM
  • The trainer was developed by LinGon, probably the best trainer maker I've encountered so far. But I know that the program has no issue, because it actually opens if I run the program THE SECOND I login to Windows, while it's still waking up.

This Virtual Machine error appears after awhile and I'd just like to know what Virtual Machine it could possibly be. I used to solve this by killin Hyper V, but that doesnt seem like enough anymore.

I pray its not Bitdefender screwing me again...

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:10 PM
  • Hi!

You could try the following; http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9684211/hyper-v-caeses-the-error-sorry-this-application-cannot-run-under-a-virtual-mac

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:40 PM