Plantronics Calisto P540-M Dial tone when listening to Exchange UM RRS feed

• Question

•  

How do you stop dial tone being played while listening to exchange UM Message?

Scenario

In the Lync client you switch to the phone tab.

1. Under voicemail, playing a voicemail with no further actions plays the voicemail normally but on the loud speaker of the Calisto (Not desired in a busy office)

However

2. If the user picks up the handset they get dial tone. If they then play the voicemail they hear both the dial tone and the voicemail which is not pleasant.

(Sometimes the dial tone appears to reduce to nothing over a two second period but this is infrequent)

Is there a way to stop hearing dial tone when listening on the handset?

I have updated the Lync client to 4.0.7577.4103. I have spoken to Plantronics who suggest talking to MS first.

The client is running windows XP x86

Thanks for any advice

Alistair

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:34 PM

All replies

• The experience is the same on the Polycom CX300 which is essentially the same device.

On the Polycom CX300 I tested with the tone does stop every time after 1 or 2 seconds when playing the voicemail.  This experience is fine.  If you have the dialtone the entire time then you should look at drivers on your Windows XP box or contact Plantronics.

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be - MCM/MVP/MCT

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:41 PM
  • Thanks again.

Unfortunately the issue is for the complete voicemail message. ie 3 seconds plus.

Does anyone have any information about where the drivers come from or how to update it.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/CX300-puts-calls-on-hold-instead-of-hanging-up/td-p/9884

This would appear to indicate that the drivers are from Microsoft etc

In XP the device is listed as a USB Composite Device.

Alistair

Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:33 PM
  • I can confirm this issue is happening at my location as well, however I've noticed some additional behaviour that is not described here;

- user plays a voice mail message from the dialpad tab in Lync

-Sound starts to play from the CX300 speaker

-User picks up handle, sound stops from the speaker, and message continues in handle, but display shows :Enter a number to dial, and a dialtone plays in handle indefinitely, not stopping after a few seconds like it does for the rest of our users.

-If user replaces handle while the message is still playing, sound is returned to the speaker (?) it only does this for one of our users. If the handle is picked up again, the message ceases to be played on the speaker and does not begin playing on the handle. Playback is indicated as stopped in Lync, which is the action one expects the FIRST time the handle is returned to the hook. A dialtone is played indefinitely when the handle is picked up the second time.

• Edited by Lewky Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:08 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Thanks. Please let me know how you get on.

Where I am having the problem it is happening for over 100+ users. They all run a standard build of Windows XP.

I have taken one of the PCs and patched it to the latest for OS and Lync client but the problem persists.

Alistair

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:36 AM