none
How to stay with correct language? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I found the following annoying problem. Suppose, I opened and edited an article written in Portuguese. Immediately after that the interface and content switches to Portuguese only and I have a hard time going back to all content.

Is there a simple way to stay with English even after editing an article in a different language?

Also, I think there should be a simple way to filter by tags right from the first page.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, June 9, 2013 6:11 AM

Answers

• I updated a Portuguese article to verify what you experienced. When I returned to the Wiki main page I only saw Portuguese articles, and most text was in Portuguese. However, I was able to select English in the language pulldown in the upper right:

Note the limited selection of languages. I think these are the only ones with their own Wiki versions.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:18 PM

All replies

• I've noticed the same thing when I work with Portuguese articles. Sometimes I need to restart my browser.

Regarding tag searches, have you seen this article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/8691.wiki-how-to-filter-tag-results-by-more-than-one-tag.aspx

This isn't simple, but I use it all the time to find articles. The hard one to remember is how to replace the dashes in language tags. For example en_2D00_US for en-US.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:11 PM
  • I updated a Portuguese article to verify what you experienced. When I returned to the Wiki main page I only saw Portuguese articles, and most text was in Portuguese. However, I was able to select English in the language pulldown in the upper right:

Note the limited selection of languages. I think these are the only ones with their own Wiki versions.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:18 PM